Read carefully as you are bound to these terms when visiting this site and/or signing up for an account.
Application of Terms
These Terms apply to your use of the Service (as that term is defined below). By clicking "Register" or "Submit" to set up an account: you agree to these Terms; and where your access and use is on behalf of another person (e.g. a company), you confirm that you are authorized to, and do in fact, agree to these Terms on that person’s behalf and that, by agreeing to these Terms on that person’s behalf, that person is bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not authorized to access and use the Service, and you must immediately stop doing so.
We may change these Terms at any time. Unless stated otherwise, any change takes effect from the date set out in the notice. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest Terms. By continuing to access and use the Service from the date on which the Terms are changed, you agree to be bound by the changed Terms.
These Terms were last updated on 12/03/2021.
In these Terms:
Socialphin means the software owned by us (and our licensors) that is used to provide the Service.
Confidential Information means any information that is not public knowledge and that is obtained from the other party in the course of, or in connection with, the provision and use of the Service. Our Confidential Information includes Intellectual Property owned by us (or our licensors), including Socialphin. Your Confidential Information includes the Data.
Data means all data, content, and information (including personal information) owned, held, used or created by you or on your behalf that is stored using, or inputted into, the Service.
Fees means the applicable fees set out on our pricing page on the Website at https://www.socialphin.com/ or as agreed otherwise in writing between you and us, as may be updated from time to time in accordance with Fees section below.
Force Majeure means an event that is beyond the reasonable control of a party, excluding:
- an event to the extent that it could have been avoided by a party taking reasonable steps or reasonable care; or
- a lack of funds for any reason
including and similar words do not imply any limit.
Intellectual Property Rights includes copyright and all rights existing anywhere in the world conferred under statute, common law or equity relating to inventions (including patents), registered and unregistered trade marks and designs, circuit layouts, data and databases, confidential information, know-how, and all other rights resulting from intellectual activity. Intellectual Property has a consistent meaning, and includes any enhancement, modification or derivative work of the Intellectual Property.
Objectionable includes being objectionable, defamatory, obscene, harassing, threatening, harmful, or unlawful in any way.
a party includes that party’s permitted assigns.
Permitted Users means your personnel who are authorized to access and use the Service on your behalf in accordance with the section below titled "Your Obligations"
a person includes an individual, a body corporate, an association of persons (whether corporate or not), a trust, a government department, or any other entity.
personal information means information about an identifiable, living person.
personnel includes officers, employees, contractors and agents, but a reference to your personnel does not include us.
Service means the service having the core functionality described on the Website, as the Website is updated from time to time.
Start Date means the date that you set up an account.
Underlying Systems means the Socialphin, IT solutions, systems and networks (including software and hardware) used to provide the Service, including any third party solutions, systems and networks.
We, us or our means Socialphin.
Website means the internet site at https://www.socialphin.com/, or such other site notified to you by us.
Year means a 12-month period starting on the Start Date or the anniversary of that date.
You or your means you or, if a permitted user, both you and the other person on whose behalf you are acting.
Words in the singular include the plural and vice versa.
A reference to a statute includes references to regulations, orders or notices made under or in connection with the statute or regulations and all amendments, replacements or other changes to any of them.
Provision of the Service
We must use reasonable efforts to provide the Service:
- in accordance with these Terms and United States law;
- exercising reasonable care, skill and diligence; and
- using suitably skilled, experienced and qualified personnel.
Our provision of the Service to you is non-exclusive. Nothing in these Terms prevents us from providing the Service to any other person.
We must use reasonable efforts to ensure the Service is available on a 24/7 basis. However, it is possible that on occasion the Service may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place, or in the event of Force Majeure. We must use reasonable efforts to publish on the Website and/or notify you by email advance details of any unavailability.
Through the use of web services and APIs, the Service interoperates with a range of third party service features. We do not make any warranty or representation on the availability of those features. Without limiting the previous sentence, if a third party feature provider ceases to provide that feature or ceases to make that feature available on reasonable terms, we may cease to make available that feature to you. To avoid doubt, if we exercise our right to cease the availability of a third party feature, you are not entitled to any refund, discount or other compensation.
You and your personnel must:
- use the Service in accordance with these Terms solely for:
- reviewing and approving content to be posted on your social media page(s);
- creating content for social media; and
- lawful purposes
- not resell or make available the Service to any third party, or otherwise commercially exploit the Service.
When accessing the Service, you and your personnel must:
- not impersonate another person or misrepresent authorization to act on behalf of others or us;
- correctly identify the sender of all electronic transmissions unless otherwise given permission to send on behalf of another person;
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of the Underlying Systems;
- not use, or misuse, the Service in any way which may impair the functionality of the Underlying Systems or impair the ability of any other user to use the Service;
- not attempt to view, access or copy any material or data other than:
- that which you are authorised to access; and
- to the extent necessary for you to use the Service in accordance with these Terms; and
- neither use the Service in a manner, nor transmit, input or store any Data, that breaches any third party right (including Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights) or is Objectionable, incorrect or misleading;
- not download any of the content, whether image or video, we create;
- not post any of the content, whether image or video, we create on social media sites after Termination of Service;
- not use any of the content outside of the Website;
No individual other than a Permitted User may access or use the Service. You may authorize any member of your personnel to be a Permitted User, in which case you must provide us with the Permitted User’s name and other information that we reasonably require in relation to the Permitted User. You must procure each Permitted User’s compliance with the Obligations above and any other reasonable condition notified by us to you.
A breach of any of these Terms by your personnel (including, to avoid doubt, a Permitted User) is deemed to be a breeffach of these Terms by you.
You are responsible for procuring all licences, authorizations and consents required for you and your personnel to use the Service, including to use, store and input Data into, and process and distribute Data through, the Service.
You acknowledge that:
- we may require access to the Data to exercise our rights and perform our obligations under these Terms; and
- to the extent that this is necessary but subject to the section below titles "Confidentiality", we may authorize a member or members of our personnel to access the Data for this purpose.
You must arrange all consents and approvals that are necessary for us to access the Data as described in the clause above.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- we may:
- use Data and information about your and your end users’ use of the Services to generate anonymized and aggregated statistical and analytical data (Analytical Data); and
- use Analytical Data for our internal research and product development purposes and to conduct statistical analysis and identify trends and insights; and
- our rights under the subclauses above will survive termination of expiry of the Agreement; and
- title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, Analytical Data is and remains our property.
You acknowledge and agree that to the extent Data contains personal information, in collecting, holding and processing that information through the Service, we are acting as your agent. You must obtain all necessary consents from the relevant individual to enable us to collect, use, hold and process that information in accordance with these Terms.
While we will take standard industry measures to back up all Data stored using the Service, you agree to keep a separate back-up copy of all Data uploaded by you onto the Service.
You agree that we may store Data (including any personal information) in secure servers in the United States and may access that Data (including any personal information).
You indemnify us against any liability, claim, proceeding, cost, expense (including the actual legal fees charged by our solicitors) and loss of any kind arising from any actual or alleged claim by a third party that any Data infringes the rights of that third party (including Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights) or that the Data is Objectionable, incorrect or misleading.
You must pay us the Fees.
We will provide you with a bililng page to add a credit card and/or a bank account for making either monthly or yearly payments.
As long as you’re a current user with a registered account or have an outstanding balance with us, you’ll provide us with valid credit card or bank account and authorize us to deduct the monthly or yearly (depending on your payment choice) charges against that payment method. You’ll replace the information for any credit card or bank account that expires with information for a valid one. Anyone using a credit card or bank account represents and warrants that they are authorized to use that credit card or bank account, and that any and all charges may be billed to that credit card or bank account and won’t be rejected. If we’re unable to process your payment, we’ll try to contact you by email and suspend your account until your payment can be processed. If payment is deemed uncollectible, you will incur a $200 fee and we will send your information to collectons for resolution.
Any losses we incur due to any issues relating to billing, including but not limited to, chargebacks, late fees, and processing fees will be charged against the most recent credit card or bank account added.
We may increase the Fees by giving at least 30 days’ notice. If you do not wish to pay the increased Fees, you may terminate these Terms and your right to access and use the Service on no less than 10 days’ notice, provided the notice is received by us before the effective date of the Fee increase. If you do not terminate these Terms and your right to access and use the Service in accordance with this clause, you are deemed to have accepted the increased Fees.
Subject to the clause below, title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Service, the Website, and all Underlying Systems is and remains our property (and our licensors’ property). You must not contest or dispute that ownership, or the validity of those Intellectual Property Rights.
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data (as between the parties) remains your property. You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid up, transferable, irrevocable licence to use, store, copy, modify, make available and communicate the Data for any purpose in connection with the exercise of our rights and performance of our obligations in accordance with these Terms.
To the extent not owned by us, you grant us a royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use for our own business purposes any know-how, techniques, ideas, methodologies, and similar Intellectual Property used by us in the provision of the Services.
If you provide us with ideas, comments or suggestions relating to the Service or Underlying Systems (together feedback):
- all Intellectual Property Rights in that feedback, and anything created as a result of that feedback (including new material, enhancements, modifications or derivative works), are owned solely by us; and
- we may use or disclose the feedback for any purpose.
You acknowledge that the Service may link to third party websites or feeds that are connected or relevant to the Service. Any link from the Service does not imply that we endorse, approve or recommend, or have responsibility for, those websites or feeds or their content or operators. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all responsibility or liability for those websites or feeds.
Each party must, unless it has the prior written consent of the other party:
- keep confidential at all times the Confidential Information of the other party;
- effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard the other party’s Confidential Information from unauthorized access or use; and
- disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to its personnel or professional advisors on a need to know basis only and, in that case, ensure that any personnel or professional advisor to whom it discloses the other party’s Confidential Information is aware of, and complies with, the two subclauses above.
The obligation of confidentiality in the above clause does not apply to any disclosure or use of Confidential Information:
- for the purpose of performing a party’s obligations, or exercising a party’s rights, under these Terms;
- required by law (including under the rules of any stock exchange);
- which is publicly available through no fault of the recipient of the Confidential Information or its personnel;
- which was rightfully received by a party from a third party without restriction and without breach of any obligation of confidentiality; or
- by us if required as part of a bona fide sale of our business (assets or shares, whether in whole or in part) to a third party, provided that we enter into a confidentiality agreement with the third party on terms no less restrictive than this clause
Each party warrants that it has full power and authority to enter into, and perform its obligations under, these Terms.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- our warranties are limited to those set out in these Terms; and
- we make no representation concerning the quality of the Service and do not promise that the Service will:
- meet your requirements or be suitable for a particular purpose, including that the use of the Service will fulfil or meet any statutory role or responsibility you may have;
- be secure, free of viruses or other harmful code, uninterrupted or error free.
You agree and represent that you are acquiring the Service, and accepting these Terms, for the purpose of trade. The parties agree that:
- to the maximum extent permissible by law, any applicable consumer protection legislation does not apply to the supply of the Service or these Terms; and
- it is fair and reasonable that the parties are bound by this clause.
Where legislation or rule of law implies into these Terms a condition or warranty that cannot be excluded or modified by contract, the condition or warranty is deemed to be included in these Terms. However, our liability for any breach of that condition or warranty is limited, at our option, to:
- supplying the Service again; and/or
- paying the costs of having the Service supplied again.
Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
Neither party is liable to the other under or in connection with these Terms or the Service for any:
- loss of profit, revenue, savings, business, use, data (including Data), and/or goodwill; or
- consequential, indirect, incidental or special damage or loss of any kind.
The two clauses above do not apply to limit our liability under or in connection with these Terms for:
- personal injury or death;
- fraud or willful misconduct; or
- a breach of Confidentiality.
Those same clauses does not apply to limit your liability:
- to pay the Fees;
- under the indemnity in the section above titled "Data"; or
- for those matters stated in the subclauses list above.
Neither party will be responsible, liable, or held to be in breach of these Terms for any failure to perform its obligations under these Terms or otherwise, to the extent that the failure is caused by the other party failing to comply with its obligations under these Terms, or by the negligence or misconduct of the other party or its personnel.
Each party must take reasonable steps to mitigate any loss or damage, cost or expense it may suffer or incur arising out of anything done or not done by the other party under or in connection with these Terms or the Service.
Term, Termination, and Suspension
Unless terminated under this clause, these Terms and your right to access and use the Service:
- starts on the Start Date; and
- continues until a party gives at least 30 days’ notice (90 days' notice if website is being cancelled) that these Terms and your access to and use of the Service will terminate on the expiry of that notice.
Either party may, by notice to the other party, immediately terminate these Terms and your right to access and use the Service if the other party:
- breaches any material provision of these Terms and the breach is not:
- remedied within 10 days of the receipt of a notice from the first party requiring it to remedy the breach; or
- capable of being remedied; or
- becomes insolvent, liquidated or bankrupt, has an administrator, receiver, liquidator, statutory manager, mortgagee’s or chargee’s agent appointed, becomes subject to any form of insolvency action or external administration, or ceases to continue business for any reason.
You may terminate these Terms and your right to access and use the Service in accordance with the clause pertaining to the increase of fees in the section above titled "Fees".
Termination of these Terms does not affect either party’s rights and obligations that accrued before that termination.
On termination of these Terms, you must pay all Fees for the provision of the Service prior to that termination.
No compensation is payable by us to you as a result of termination of these Terms for whatever reason, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any Fees that you have already paid.
Except to the extent that a party has ongoing rights to use Confidential Information, at the other party’s request following termination of these Terms but subject to the next clause, a party must promptly return to the other party or destroy all Confidential Information of the other party that is in the first party’s possession or control.
At any time prior to one month after the date of termination, you may request:
- a copy of any Data stored using the Service, provided that you pay our reasonable costs of providing that copy. On receipt of that request, we must provide a copy of the Data in a common electronic form. We do not warrant that the format of the Data will be compatible with any software; and/or
- deletion of the Data stored using the Service, in which case we must use reasonable efforts to promptly delete that Data.
To avoid doubt, we are not required to comply with providing a copy of any Data to the extent that you have previously requested deletion of the Data.
Without limiting any other right or remedy available to us, we may restrict or suspend your access to and use of the Service and/or delete, edit or remove the relevant Data if we consider that you or any of your personnel have:
- undermined, or attempted to undermine, the security or integrity of the Service or any Underlying Systems;
- used, or attempted to use, the Service:
- for improper purposes; or
- in a manner, other than for normal operational purposes, that materially reduces the operational performance of the Service;
- done any of the prohibited activites listed in the section below titled "Prohibited Activity"
- transmitted, inputted or stored any Data that breaches or may breach these Terms or any third party right (including Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights), or that is or may be Objectionable, incorrect or misleading; or
- otherwise materially breached these Terms.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
- Modifying, altering or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Websie's content, trademarks, technology platform or its underlying software, or any portion thereof;
- Copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or attempting to discover the source code of the Websie or its underlying software;
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Websie, or while using this Websie;
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to a user's information;
- Committing fraudulent or illegal activity, including but not limited to any of the following: hacking, impersonation of another person, providing false information;
- Creating social media posts with false claims, deceptive practices, aggressive tactics, or anything else deemed illegal as it pertains to selling insurance or financial products;
- Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material (including all social media posts, even those that we have posted on your social media page(s);
- Uploading images, adding content or other material without the express approval of the party from where it originated;
- Downloading any content, whether image or video, for your own use outside of the Website;
- Publicly showing any Website material;
- Using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to the Website;
- Using this Website in any way that impacts user access to the Website;
- Using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
Neither party is liable to the other for any failure to perform its obligations under these Terms to the extent caused by Force Majeure.
No person other than you and us has any right to a benefit under, or to enforce, these Terms.
For us to waive a right under these Terms, that waiver must be in writing and signed by us.
We are your independent contractor, and no other relationship (e.g. joint venture, agency, trust or partnership) exists under these Terms.
If we need to contact you, we may do so by email or by posting a notice on the Website. You agree that this satisfies all legal requirements in relation to written communications. You may give notice to us under or in connection with these Terms by emailing email@example.com.
These Terms, and any dispute relating to these Terms or the Service, are governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States.
Clauses which, by their nature, are intended to survive termination of these Terms, including clauses in this section and the sections titled "Data", "Intellectual Property", "Confidentiality", "Liability", "Term, Termination, and Suspension", continue in force.
If any part or provision of these Terms is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, that part or provision is deemed to be modified to the extent required to remedy the illegality, unenforceability or invalidity. If modification is not possible, the part or provision must be treated for all purposes as severed from these Terms. The remainder of these Terms will be binding on you.
Subject to the clause pertaining to changes of these Terms in the section above titled "Changes and the clause pertaining to an increase of fees in the section above titled "Fees", any variation to these Terms must be in writing and signed by both parties.
These Terms set out everything agreed by the parties relating to the Service, and supersede and cancel anything discussed, exchanged or agreed prior to the Start Date. The parties have not relied on any representation, warranty or agreement relating to the Service that is not expressly set out in these Terms, and no such representation, warranty or agreement has any effect from the Start Date.
You may not assign, novate, subcontract or transfer any right or obligation under these Terms without our prior written consent, that consent not to be unreasonably withheld. You remain liable for your obligations under these Terms despite any approved assignment, subcontracting or transfer.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and Socialphin may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Socialphin makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Socialphin, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and Socialphin, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Socialphin from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.